Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Farewell

We haven't been together for a long time... One sem, was it? But one semester was enough for me to label you as a shy, average guy.

But it was just tonight that I've got to know you. Well, based on your friends and family, I got to know you a little better. There... "a little better" is the term. But you couldn't blame me though, could you? You rarely talk. When I approach you, you either respond directly to any question and smile OR you smile, then respond directly. Either way, I never could've guessed there was a problem. I never thought you suffered from depression. Depression that eventually lead to your untimely demise... which pained your family so much because you never gave them the chance to help you get through all of these.

I talked with your mother. With your sister even. Though they already accepted what had happened... though it was painful for them to respect your decision to end your own life, they still stand restless to find the truth behind all your suffering. Restless to find the REAL problem.

I couldn't do anything for you now, except for my prayers. During the one sem that you had been attending in my class, you could have participated, asked, or even approached me... I could've helped in whatever way I could have... had I known you needed help.

But that's just one side of it.

I could have been sensitive enough. I could have approached you more... Reached out more... Then this wouldn't have happened. I could have helped you in your academic weakness. Or anything at all.

Now, I'm really sad over what happened. Life is beautiful, you know. Even if it's full of obstacles, problems, pain. But that's just the half of it. I'm just sad that you weren't able to appreciate the other, beautiful half to keep going on.

I just wish your happiness wherever you may be right now. The happiness that couldn't be found in this world. Farewell Eusie, and rest well.

No comments: